Our Audit Committee advises the ESRC Council and Chief Executive, (as ESRC Accounting Officer), on the overall effectiveness of our management procedures, and also monitors the internal control systems across ESRC. In doing this we support the achievement of corporate governance standards.
The committee receives and reviews audit reports, and monitors action taken as a result of the reports. We review and endorse the ESRC draft Annual Accounts, consider reports from the National Audit Office relating to the examination of ESRC's accounts and records, and review the management responses and action taken in relation to such reports.
The committee comprises three members of the ESRC Council and co-opted expert members.
The committee is usually attended by representatives of the National Audit Office (NAO), the Research Councils' Audit and Assurance Services Group (AASG) and the ESRC Finance team.
- Mr Martin Coleman (Chair), Norton Ross LLP (current term ends July 2016)
- Ms Meryl Hayward, English Heritage (current term ends August 2016)
- Professor David Martin, University of Southampton (current term ends July 2016)
- Mr Allan Spencer, University of Sussex (current term ends August 2015)
- Professor Linda Woodhead, Lancaster University (current term ends July 2016)
- Thursday 29 January 2015
- Monday 1 June 2015
- Monday 5 October 2015
Appointment to Audit Committee
- Marzena Bien, Assistant Secretary
Telephone: 01793 413137