Our Evaluation Committee is responsible for advising on the successful achievement of our corporate strategy through a combination of policy, large investment, and project-level evaluations. The committee also leads our work on developing methods for the evaluation of impact, and oversees our programme of international benchmarking reviews.
The Evaluation Committee operates independently of the policy committees and provides the ESRC Council with a comprehensive assessment of funded research as well as undertaking reviews in key policy areas. The evaluation results are incorporated into our strategic planning and development. The committee also advises the Chief Executive and the policy committees on the quality and outcome of individual research investments.
- Professor Simon Collinson (Chair), University of Birmingham
- Dr Suzanne King, independent consultant
- Mr Steven Marwick, Evaluation Support Scotland
- Professor Sandra Nutley, University of St Andrews
- Dr Paul Nightingale, University of Sussex
- Professor Martin Smith, University of York
- Ms Penny Young, National Centre for Social Research
- Professor Anna Vignoles, University of Cambridge
- Professor Nyovani Madise, University of Southampton
- Professor Gill Valentine, University of Sheffield
- 12 December 2014
- 24 June 2015
- 7 October 2015