Methods and Infrastructure Committee
Our Methods and Infrastructure Committee is responsible for creating scientific, economic and societal impact through the development and monitoring of our portfolio of data services, surveys, research methods, information technology and activities.
This includes sustaining the ESRC Council's strategic leadership role in the development of national and international research infrastructure and in pioneering methodological development. The committee also makes scientific recommendations for funding grants within these areas.
The committee meets three times a year, usually in March, July and November. The members are academics and users and are normally initially appointed for two years. Members may be re-appointed for up to a further two years. New members are appointed each year to replace those at the end of their term of office.
Current term for all members ends August 2015, unless stated otherwise.
- Mr Paul Grice (Chair), Scottish Government (current term ends July 2015)
- Professor Edward Fieldhouse, (Vice Chair) University of Manchester
- Professor Svenja Adolphs, University of Nottingham
- Professor Rosalind Edwards, University of Southampton
- Professor Andy Furlong, University of Glasgow
- Professor Andrew Henley, Aberystwyth University
- Mary Hickman, independent social research consultant
- Professor Allan Hill, University of Southampton
- Dr David Marshall, Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency
- Mr Neil Serougi, independent consultant
- Professor Malcolm Williams, Cardiff University
- Dr Paul Williamson, University of Liverpool
- Professor Robert Wright, University of Strathclyde
- 14 November 2014, London
- 13 March 2015, Edinburgh
- 3 July 2015, Swindon
Notes from previous meetings
14 November 2014 (PDF, 35Kb)
- 7 July 2014 (PDF, 33Kb)
- 28 March 2014 (PDF, 30Kb)
- 29 November 2013 (PDF, 38Kb)
- 16 July 2013 (PDF, 41Kb)
- 20 March 2013 (PDF, 38Kb)
- 26 November 2012 (PDF, 48Kb)
- Paul Meller, Committee Secretary
Telephone: 01793 413055