UK Innovation Research Centre (UK~IRC)
The Innovation Research Initiative is a funding partnership between the ESRC, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), the National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA) and the Technology Strategy Board (TSB). As the first phase of the Initiative the UK Innovation Research Centre at Cambridge and Imperial (UK~IRC) is receiving funding to host a strategic research and capacity building programme together with a knowledge exchange hub.
The aims of the Centre are to:
- advance knowledge of a broad definition of innovation through high quality, independent, research which is fully engaged (ie co-produced) with policy and practitioner communities
- ensure the maximum impact of new knowledge on policy and practice, reaching out to all potential sources of and audiences for new knowledge
- develop capacity, in terms of people, data and methods, for future research and knowledge exchange on broader innovation
The initial research programme of UK~IRC will focus on four areas:
- Services Innovation and Innovative Performance at the Sector Level
- Managerial and Strategic Business Practices and Open Innovation
- On-line Communities and the Dynamics of Distributed
- How does the evidence base influence innovation policy?
- Glen Noble, ESRC
Telephone: 01793 413038