This section highlights the research undertaken by ESRC's major investments, including programmes, centres, large grants, professorial fellowships and ventures.
- Environment and energy
- Understanding behaviour
- Technology and innovation
- Health and wellbeing
- Global economy
- Security and conflict
- Social diversity
- The Future of the UK and Scotland
- New research investments
Many of our research investments are through collaborations with other Research Councils and research users. For example:
- Collaborative research initiatives
- RCUK cross-council themes
- ESRC-DFID joint fund for poverty alleviation research
DFID-ESRC Growth programme (DEGP)
We also fund research resources - data services, centres, surveys, programmes and initiatives gathering and utilising research data.