Guidance for applicants
This guidance is for anyone who wishes to apply for ESRC funding. You can find specific application details for individual funding opportunities in the funding opportunities section.
Important notices for applicants
Submitting a proposal
- Eligibility - eligibility details are provided in each funding opportunity
- Is my research suitable for ESRC funding?
- Research Funding Guide: sets out our funding rules
- Proposal classifications - ESRC disciplines
- How to write a good research grant application
- Je-S electronic applications: all research proposals must be submitted through the Joint Electronic Submission system (Je-S)
- Our resubmissions policy
Information for applicants
- Framework for research ethics
- Research data policy
- Cross-Council funding agreement
- Impact, innovation and interdisciplinary expectations
- Inclusion of UK business, third sector or government body co-investigators on ESRC proposals
- Pathways to Impact
- Impact toolkit
Information for UK applicants wanting to collaborate with international academics
- Bilateral agreements
- Inclusion of international co-investigators on ESRC proposals
- International Common Application Process (ICAP): applications and peer review
ESRC's grants administration is run by the UK Shared Business Services (UK SBS). UK SBS is the primary point of contact for all queries regarding:
- processing of grant proposals
- peer review of individual proposals
- administration of current grants.
Please email your query to UK SBS at email@example.com or telephone 01793 867018.
For call-specific queries, please contact the relevant person specified on the funding call.
For any ESRC policy queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org