Guidance on outline applications for ESRC-DFID joint fund for poverty alleviation research
Read the call specification (PDF, 316Kb).
You should familiarise yourself with the call documentation before completing your application.
Research under this call should address one or more of three overarching questions:
- What approaches are most effective in enabling the poorest to exit and stay out of poverty, and under what conditions can such approaches be replicated elsewhere and at scale?
- What political and institutional conditions are associated with effective poverty reduction and development, and what can domestic and external actors do to promote these conditions?
- What measures can be taken to reduce the risks and impact of violence and instability on the poorest and increase the effectiveness of peacebuilding, statebuilding and wider development interventions in fragile and conflict-affected situations?
Read the guidance (PDF, 331Kb) for the application process.
To supplement this, there is amendedcostings guidance for non-UK Institutions and Partners (PDF, 59Kb)(updated 14 November 2012) and a checklist for applicants (Word, 33Kb) and their research officers. There is also an FAQ document (PDF, 96Kb) which may be useful.
If your application will include a linked doctoral student please read how to include a doctoral student on a project (PDF, 78Kb).
Complete your application.
Any applicant(s) and their institutions intending to apply to this call must ensure they are registered with the Joint Electronic Submission System (Je-S). For assistance in this process, please refer to the Guidance for self-registration of organisations (PDF, 64Kb).
The Je-S Helpdesk may be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)1793 44 4164 and is staffed Monday to Friday 9.00-17.00 UK time (excluding public and other holidays).
We are happy to help you through this process, and all queries or comments about this Joint Scheme should be addressed in the first instance to the ESRC-DFID email address, email@example.com. Any enquiries may also be addressed to:
- Mary Day +44 (0)1793 413078
- Lyndy Griffin +44 (0)1793 413135
- or +44 (0)1793 413125