Resources for all UK social science students
We play a key strategic role in supporting the training of the UK social science community by providing a range of funding opportunities for researchers throughout their career. We invest in high quality research training to promote the development of skilled researchers who are able to:
- produce high quality, original and insightful research
- tackle the most pressing social and economic challenges
- have a broad impact on our society and academic community
- promote the development of a vibrant and fair society
- contribute and advance our understanding of behaviour and social life
We provide a range of resources for the entire UK social science postgraduate community.
Training, skills and research resources
- Advanced training
- How to write a good research grant proposal
- Research data management
- There is a wealth of research resources available from our investments which may help you undertake your research. These resources include surveys, data services, centres, programmes and initiatives.
Helping you make an impact with your research
- Our impact toolkit provides guidance on how to achieve maximum impact for your research.
- Our media training courses for PhD and postdoctoral students provide you with the basic skills you need for working with the press.
- We offer a knowledge exchange opportunities scheme to help you maximise the impact of your research outside of academia.