Mid-career researcher media training
- Covers researchers who are beyond their first five years as a researcher
- Run by ESRC's Senior Communications Manager with Inside Edge's two media training facilitators
- Generally 10 attendees
- Run at various locations across the country to make it easy for people to attend.
The purpose of training
- To understand the news angle of research findings
- To equip researchers with basic skills to disseminate their research to the public
- To explain to researchers what makes a good press release and how the press works
- To equip researchers with radio discussion and media interview techniques
- To explain how working with the media can generate and support research into having an impact on policy and practice
- To explain how working with the media can help your researcher to have an impact on policy and practice.
Forthcoming course dates 2014
- 23 October 2014, The Oxford Hotel, Oxford
- 27 November 2014, Thistle Bristol City Centre, Bristol
You can book your place on an ESRC media training course using our online booking form
You can also read our resources for all postgraduate students.