Author: Peter North Date: 08 October 2013 Journal article
Building the Low Carbon Economy on Merseyside: Follow on funding
- Start date: 01 April 2012
- End date: 31 May 2013
“Developing the Low Carbon Economy on Merseyside” is a Knowledge Exchange Partnership involving the University of Liverpool, Liverpool Vision, Liverpool Chamber of Commerce, and Groundwork Merseyside. It explores how Liverpool’s economic development agencies can effectively facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy.
- Does the city have the right policies to combine a healthy, vibrant and socially inclusive local economy with what we need to do to avoid dangerous climate change?
- Specifically, what does this mean for the support of new and existing businesses and social enterprises on Merseyside as they and the economy make the transition to a low carbon economy?
- How can new businesses and social enterprises be supported to engage with low carbon opportunities?
- How can the partners ensure that socially excluded communities can benefit from low carbon opportunities?
Follow-on Funding will maximise the impact of the Partnership with support for reciprocal exchanges between Liverpool and previous and existing European Green Capitals to help partners decide whether the city should make a formal bid to be Green Capital, a programme of seminars mainstreaming low carbon into the city’s economic development strategy; and support for a programme of engagement with SMEs taking action to reduce their footprint.