Our Research Catalogue contains grants and outputs data up until April/May 2014.
New Approaches to Local and Regional Development in the UK and China
- Start date: 13 June 2012
- End date: 12 June 2013
The aims of the proposed seminars therefore are:
- to exchange research and evidence on the new forms of regional policy aimed at addressing regional imbalances in the UK (and EU) and China
- to bring these developments to the attention of policymakers in the UK (and EU) and China
- to consolidate an emerging international research network and identify potential for future collaboration.
The key research questions to be addressed in the seminars will be:
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of past and existing public policies in relation addressing spatial inequalities in the UK and China?
- To what extent can policy innovation in this field be usefully exchanged between the UK (and EU) and China?
- How useful are the concepts of “spatially-blind” versus “place-based” approaches as a guide to developing public policy interventions in the field of regional development?
- What constitutes best practice in local and regional development strategy in the UK (and EU) and China and how transferable are these?