Our Research Catalogue contains grants and outputs data up to the end of April 2014. Records will no longer be updated after this date.
New Approaches to Local and Regional Development in the UK and China
The aims of the proposed seminars therefore are:
- to exchange research and evidence on the new forms of regional policy aimed at addressing regional imbalances in the UK (and EU) and China
- to bring these developments to the attention of policymakers in the UK (and EU) and China
- to consolidate an emerging international research network and identify potential for future collaboration.
The key research questions to be addressed in the seminars will be:
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of past and existing public policies in relation addressing spatial inequalities in the UK and China?
- To what extent can policy innovation in this field be usefully exchanged between the UK (and EU) and China?
- How useful are the concepts of “spatially-blind” versus “place-based” approaches as a guide to developing public policy interventions in the field of regional development?
- What constitutes best practice in local and regional development strategy in the UK (and EU) and China and how transferable are these?