Speaker: Kim Knott Date: 02 December 2013 Seminar/workshop
Our Research Catalogue contains grants and outputs data up to the end of April 2014. Records will no longer be updated after this date.
Religion, discourse and diversity: UK/Canada collaboration
- Start date: 18 May 2012
- End date: 17 November 2014
The ‘Religion, Discourse and Diversity’ partnership will facilitate research networking between the UK and Canada on the ways that mainstream media portray and represent majority and minority religions and their relationship with the secular state. We will identify, analyse and compare key controversies in the two countries in which the media construct public images of different religions and their members. This will be supported by the development of a matrix for comparing media datasets which, in addition to its use in our own contexts, will provide the foundation for further comparative analysis in other countries, including Australia, New Zealand and the Nordic countries.
The collaboration is based on twice-yearly meetings and the following core activities:
- the development of a strategy for comparing media portrayals of religion and religious identity in the UK and Canada
- opportunities for postgraduates and early career researchers through active participation in both the research and the network
- knowledge exchange and impact activities including religion and media workshops (with journalists, religious correspondents, religious communications specialists etc), and contributions to policy through collaboration with existing users
- international dissemination of the research results and extension of the partnership to researchers beyond UK/Canada.
- Outputs (12)
- Outcomes (3)
Organiser: Kim Knott Date: 11 November 2013 Training course
Speaker: Kim Knott Date: 11 November 2013 Presentation/lecture
Organiser: Kim Knott Date: 11 November 2013 Organised event
Director: Kim Knott Date: 11 November 2013 Other
Speaker: Kim Knott Date: 11 September 2013 Seminar/workshop
Speaker: Kim Knott Date: 20 May 2013 Presentation/lecture
Organiser: Kim Knott Date: 20 May 2013 Organised event
Participant: Kim Knott Date: 27 March 2013 Seminar/workshop
Speaker: Kim Knott Date: 27 March 2013 Seminar/workshop
Participant: Kim Knott Date: 27 March 2013 Organised event
Speaker: Kim Knott Date: 27 March 2013 Training course