The research catalogue is an archive of ESRC-funded grants and outputs. Links, files and other content will no longer be maintained or updated after April 2014.
UK Data Service
The UK Data Service will provide a "one-stop-shop" for suppliers and users of social science data. Users will come to the UKDS website to search for and browse data collections created by a wide range of data suppliers, including government data, data produced by IGOs and data from ESRC-funded research projects, and will be able to seamlessly access or download data for their own use. User registration will be provided to tailor the Service to the needs of users and to ensure that all licensing arrangements are correctly managed. The Service will ensure that access to personal data is maintained appropriately by secure access facilities to sensitive data for trusted and Approved researchers.
The UKDS will provide a complete data service infrastructure including:
- training in research data management and data analysis and support in how to interpret and use the data
- selecting highest quality and highest value data for long-term preservation and access
- ensuring relevant materials are provided to maximise the long-term research potential of these data
- seamlessly interfacing with institutional repositories
- providing resource discovery mechanisms, to find relevant data not just data held by the Service.