Author: Fiona Cox Date: 28 November 2013 Other Report
UK Census Longitudinal Study Development Hub
- Start date: 01 August 2012
- End date: 31 July 2017
In response to a recent independent evaluation of the ESRC Census Programme, a new UK Census Longitudinal Study Development Hub is being commissioned to co-ordinate and harmonise the work of the three Research Support Units supporting the England and Wales Longitudinal Study, Scottish Longitudinal Study and Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study.
The Hub also has a key objective of working towards the development of a single UK-wide Longitudinal Study (UKLS).
The Development Hub will have 9 core aims and objectives, namely to:
- actively take steps to drive forward the ambition of a UK Longitudinal Study
- promote the impact of the Census Longitudinal Studies
- deliver a single portal function to the Census Longitudinal Studies
- harmonise online tools, documentation and guidance, where possible
- deliver a single helpdesk for responding to generic queries
- plan and co-ordinate training and outreach activities
- engage with other related organisations in the UK and overseas to stimulate the most efficient delivery of the service
- develop and maintain a distinctive identity of the service, in collaboration with the UK Data Service
- establish and manage a Scientific Advisory Network.
- Outputs (3)
Speaker: Nicola Shelton Date: 28 November 2013 Other
Co-author: Christopher Dibben Date: 25 November 2013 Other publication/report