Charting New Territory: Positioning the UK (Lloyd's) in a changing global reinsurance landscape
- Start date: 03 September 2012
- End date: 30 April 2013
Many UK companies are accessing global reinsurance business through London, establishing subsidiaries in other markets, and revising relationships with an emerging group of global cedents that are changing the way that reinsurance is bought. However, they have few evidence-based frameworks to inform them about the scope of global change or its potential implications for their business models.
The primary aim of this project is to implement a knowledge exchange programme with UK insurers, reinsurers and brokers that will support them in developing greater competitiveness. A secondary aim is to ensure that UK-based players lead discussion of these important topics in the wider global reinsurance market.
We will use an existing global data set to develop specific segmentation and diagnostic analyses for reinsurers, brokers and cedents. These analyses will made accessible for the UK industry through ten Masterclasses.
Each Masterclass will comprise:
- a practical case paper of 10-12 pages with specific frameworks
- an interactive industry workshop to develop the material collaboratively into a practical and applied resource
- tailored exercises for industry participants
- a 20-minute podcast with slides to accompany the case and exercises.
These resources will then be published on a dedicated website to make them freely and permanently accessible to broader, global audiences and foster training and development in the industry.