Green Crime, Seminar 1
Location: Great Hall of the Sutherland Building, Northumbria University, City Campus West, Newcastle, NE1 8ST. Google map of NE1 8ST.
Date: 20 October 2012, 13.00-17.00
Theme: Green Criminology: Theories and Concepts
This is an ESRC research seminar. Find out about our other research seminars.
Green criminology has evolved over recent years and the speakers in this first seminar will explore the analytical strands of thought such as environmental, ecological, and species justice, which help to define the field and set it apart from mainstream criminology.
Additionally, green scholars come from a variety of disciplines and perspectives so the theoretical and conceptual breadth of the current field is extensive. These diverse theories and concepts will also be explored.
- Seminar 1: Green Criminology; Theories and Concepts, 20 October 2012
- Seminar 2: Wildlife and Timber Trafficking, 22 February 2013
- Seminar 3: Wildlife Crime and Animal Abuse, 12 July 2013
- Seminar 4: Hazardous Waste and Pollution, 4 October 2013
- Seminar 5: Environmental Law and Regulation, February 2014
- Seminar 6: Future Considerations, July 2014
You can find further information and booking details on the seminar website