Enrichment activities? Arts, creativity and spirituality in criminal justice systems, Seminar 1/4
Location: City Centre Campus, Millennium Point, Curzon Street, Birmingham, B4 7XG. Google map of B4 7XG.
Date: 20 November 2012, 10.00-13.00
Theme: Practising enrichment
This seminar is an ESRC research seminar. Find out about our other research seminars.
This seminar will explore:
- recent political and rehabilitative histories of creativity in prisons
- the role of the Third Sector in providing enrichment activities
- the practice of delivering in challenging settings
- the notion of prison communities and impact of practice on prison staff and different types of regime in different countries.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor David Wilson, Birmingham City University
- Becky Mer, Prison Arts Coalition
- Lorna Giezot, Artist in Residence, HMP Grendon
- Professor Michael Brooks, Director of Therapies, HMP Grendon
- Esther Baker and Mark Williams, Synergy Theatre Project
Seminars in the series:
- Seminar 1 - Practising enrichment 20 November 2012
- Seminar 2 – Theorising enrichment 19 April 2013
- Seminar 3 – Exhibiting and celebrating enrichment 15 November 2013
- Seminar 4 – Evaluating enrichment 21 February 2014
For further information please contact:
- Dr Laura Caulfield
Telephone: 0121 331 6395