Towards equal and active citizenship, Seminar 1/4
Location: Rolle Building, Room 605, Plymouth University, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA. Google map of PL4 8AA.
Date: 10 January 2013, 10.30-15.30
Theme: Scoping the boundaries of participatory research
This is an ESRC research seminar. Find out about our other research seminars.
This seminar series will focus on participatory research with people with learning disabilities and in particular the challenges related to two complex but relatively under-explored issues in participatory research:
- involving people with learning disabilities in data analysis
- involving people with learning disabilities who have high support needs in participatory research
Speakers will describe the kind(s) of participatory research that they have been involved in and evaluate what they think the key issues are in advancing the use of participatory research with people with learning disabilities in the future. Questions for debate and reflection include:
- What has been achieved so far with participatory research methods?
- Where are the tensions and challenges and can they be addressed?
- Are there limits to the participation of people with learning disabilities in research? Who or what influences these limits?
- Can and should the boundaries of these limitations be pushed?
How to register
Please email: email@example.com for details of the programme and to register.
- Jane Seale
Telephone: 01752 585455