Only 40 per cent of the Chancellor's planned spending cuts will be in place by the end of this financial year – with 60 per cent yet to come, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies' Green Budget 2014.
- Results: (295)
An analysis from the Institute for Fiscal Studies suggests that restoring the 50p tax rate would raise little revenue - likely only around £100 million, which would make only a marginal contribution to reducing the deficit.
London is the destination of choice for the ambitious French, according to research carried out by ESRC-funded researchers. According to the French consulate, up to 400,000 French expats live here.
The NCRI Supportive and Palliative Care research initiative has had an impact across several areas – including new clinical guidelines into practice, new assessment tools for practice and research, more patient involvement and increased research interest.
New results from the Scottish Social Attitudes survey, funded by the ESRC and carried out by ScotCen Social Research, suggest it's the economic consequences that matters the most to people.
Becoming independent will not give Scotland much more leverage to tackle inequality than currently, new research from the Future of the UK and Scotland programme suggests.
Why was the euro introduced without establishing other institutions associated with a successful monetary union?
By far the most important reason that housing is so expensive is our planning policy, shows research from the Spatial Economics Research Centre.
Many communities are struggling to cope after recent weeks' heavy rains and extensive flooding. A number of ESRC-funded research projects are exploring the impact of flooding, how to prepare for events, and how communities cope in the aftermath.
Research findings from the ESRC Centre for Market and Public Organisation, and Monash, RMIT Melbourne and Lancaster universities, show high levels of physical inactivity in the English population.